Fire Marshal/Fire Warden Training
Here at SASS solutions all our courses are offered in-house and venues around the country. This course will consist of a variety of lectures, practical demonstrations and student on-hand training and learning. This course is specifically designed to meet the requirements of both the 1981 Fire Services Act and Regulation 9 of the Safety Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005. It takes the student through a range of fire related topics covering emergency and non-emergency activities and duties, which the fire marshal would be expected to perform. On completion, the student will have the knowledge and skills required to recognise and maintain a safe working environment. The staff will effectively manage an evacuation in the event of an emergency and to deal with an outbreak of fire in its early stages.
Carefully selected members of staff who have been chosen to form a fire marshal team. The team should consist of members of the work force drawn from all areas of the premises ensuring no area is left unrepresented. Additional personnel should be made available incase of absenteeism due to leave etc.
The duration of the course is one day for fire marshal and 1/2 day for fire wardens.
They will cover the following topics:
• Liaising with the Fire Brigade
• Mechanics of fire, smoke and dangerous gases
• Incidents involving flammable liquids and gases
• Storage of flammable liquids and gases
• Fire extinguishers and hose reel equipment
• First aid fire fighting
• Common fire safety features
• Elements of compartmentation
• Means of escape
• Duties of the fire marshal in emergency, pre-emergency and post-emergency situations
• Hazard spotting and elimination of bad practices
• Methods of Evacuation