Health And Safety Representative Course (Safety Reps) - 2 day course
The Safety Reps is a 2 day Safety & Security Solutions accredited course which will help the participant to promote and maintain safety and health in the workplace.
The Safety Representative Course outlines the roles and functions of a Health and Safety Representative.
An employer must ensure that you know and understand your role as a safety representative or as a member of the safety committee. He must provide you with the training to carry out your role successfully.
While the law does not put a management responsibility on workers to ensure better safety and health, it does allow those workers who get involved, the opportunity to promote better safety and health performance in their workplace.
Section 25 of the 2005 Act, allows all employees to select a safety representative to represent them on safety and health matters with their employer. Section 26 of this Act requires an employer to consult with employees to ensure cooperation with preventing accidents and ill health, in turn the workers can consult with the employer. Section 26 sets out arrangements for this consultation on a wide range of safety and health issues.
If a safety committee is already in existence, it can be used for the consultation process. U Regulation 23 of the Construction Regulations sates where more than 20 persons are employed at any one time on a construction site, the project supervisor for the construction stage must facilitate the appointment of a safety representative.
The modules covered during the course include:
• Safety and health legal system
• Role of the safety representative and safety committee members in the safety consultation
• Communication skills for the safety representative and safety committee
• Hazard identification and carrying out risk assessments
• Interpreting and implementing the safety statement
• Carrying out safety and health inspections
• Sources of safety and health information
• Risk control and safety and health management at work
Valid: 3 years.
Cost per individual: 3 day course, €450.00
Group/course rate (15 participants): Group rates available upon request.
Max participants: 15