Pediatric First Aid
The Paediatric First Aid course is designed to provide staff working in childcare with training in First Aid for children.
This is a one day course providing childcare staff with training in First Aid for children.
On completion of this course participants will be able to:
• Describe and demonstrate Paediatric First Aid
• Describe the responsibilities of a First Aider
• Understand and demonstrate essential life saving skills
• Identify and administer first aid to medical and Trauma emergencies
• Identify risks to children in the home or workplace
• Scene Assessment and Safety
• Responsibilities of a First Aider
• CPR for children and Infants
• AED for adults and children
• How to react in an emergency situation
• Child and Infant Choking
• Bleeding first aid
• Dealing with unconscious Children and Infants
• Febrile Seizures, Epilepsy, Diabetes and Asthma
• Fractures and soft tissue injuries
• Burns first aid
• Head Injuries and Eye Injuries
Please note forthcoming changes to requirement for First Aid Training
Cost per individual €95.
Group/course rate (Max 20 participants): Group rates available upon request.