The recent government mandated “Return to Work Safely Protocol” document for Employers and Employees dated 9th May 2020, states that First Aid Responders in the workplace should be provided with updated training on infection prevention and control principles including a performance of hand hygiene and appropriate use of personal protective equipment when delivering first aid.
SASS Safety & Security Solutions CoviD-19 First Aid Responder update training course focuses on providing individuals with knowledge, practical skills & understanding required to provide appropriate actions against COVID-19 in compliance with the requirements of the Safety, Health & Welfare at Work.
This training course can be delivered via Google meet or zoom, taking the learning experience from a classroom to a virtual room, allowing trainees to log in from the comfort of their own homes or office and sit through our live, 2-1/2hour tailored programme
• Understanding infection, how it spreads and necessary control measures
• Understanding Transmission of pathogens
• Demonstrating the correct technique for donning & doffing first aid PPE
• Describing why hand hygiene is important
• Demonstrating correct handwashing technique
• Understanding the importance of respiratory/coughing sneeze etiquette
• Dealing with and continuing to treat injured parties as per CPG’s
• Dealing with a potential COVID-19 case in the office
• Effective Infection Control Measures as part of Personal Safety and Scene Safety
• Safe CFR procedures during Covid-19
• Body substance isolation and dealing with spillages
• Cleaning, decontamination and safe disposal of waste
Max No of Participants: 12
Accreditation: SASS Safety & Security Solutions with 1-year validity.
This is a half-day course. The course cost is €55 per person.
For in-house training the cost is:
€450 for Groups
€800 for two courses on the one day