Manual Handling - half day course
Here at Security And Safety Solutions, all our courses are offered in-house. This course will consist of a variety of lectures, practical demonstrations and student onhand training and learning. The course duration is 3 hours.
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for anybody involved and any type of work within the work environment and anybody who wants an understanding of the human anatomy and how it can be damaged with incorrect movement.
How many will be in the class?
To ensure each student gets the most out of this course a maximum of 15 students is allowed on this course.
What certification will I receive?
Successful students will receive a Manual Handling certificate to be renewed every 3 years.
What do I need to provide before the course?
• You need to fill out the booking form on this page, please state which course you are booking.
• The aim of the course is to reduce the risk of manual handling injuries in the workplace.
• The course provides participants with the knowledge and skills to effectively identify, assess and control risks arising from manual handling tasks.
• By the end of the course students will be able to understand the principals of manual handling, describe the principles of Manual Handling and apply the principles to identify and assess risks in their workplace and at home risks of Manual Handling and understand safe lifting principals.
Health, Safety & Manual Handling Law
• General Application Regulations 2007
• Safety, Health & Welfare at Work 2005
• The Health and Safety Authority www.hsa.ie
Learning and understanding Basics of the Back
• Vertebrae and Discs
• Vertebrae Injuries
• Disc Injuries (Slipped Disc)
• Prevention of Back Injury
• Avoiding and Minimising Injury
• Reducing the Weight
• Converting to Pushing or Pulling
• Work Levels
• Storage of Work Equipment
Ergonomics and VDUs
• Introduction to ergonomics
• Display Screen Equipment Law 1993
• Hazard identification
• Risk Assessment
• Reduction of Risk
• Purchasing policy
Manual Handling Assessment
Individual Lifts & Carrying
(This section will be tailored to suit the group)
• Low Down Lifts
• On-End Lifts
• Carrying and Lifting
• Pushing and Pulling
• Preparing for the lift
• Size up the load
• Survey your Route
• Where will you end up?
• Making The Lift
• Get Close to your Load
• Feet Apart
• Bend Knees, Back Straight
• Lift with your legs
Cost per individual: Half-day course, €65.
Group/course rate (Max 12 participants): Group rates available upon request.
Max participants: 12
Click To Book Now